Hi there, and welcome to Mashed Potato Monday. I normally do a mashup here on Mondays, but for two reasons I’m changing it up today. The first reason is that it is sign up day for Round 4 ROW80, and I want everyone possible to get involved. It helped me tremendously last quarter, and I think anyone can benefit from it. Secondly, I just returned from Las Vegas yesterday, and with a five day conference I didn’t get to read a lot of blogs. Before I get started, I’m going to apologize to my ROWbro Gene Lempp. I copied about everything below directly from his blogs, again because of Las Vegas. I know he’ll forgive me, because…well, he’s my ROWbro. To find out what that means you’ll have to read to the bottom of this blog, or click Here.
So let’s go ROW80!!!!
The answer to: What is ROW80?
A Link to the ROW80 Blog.
Round 4 goes from October 3 to December 22nd. If you love a challenge and enjoy making new friends of some of the coolest supportive writers out there then ROW80 (#ROW80 on Twitter) is the place to be. You can join in any time!
My Round 4 ROW80 Goals are:
- Finish NaNoWriMo in November – This goal includes the NaNoWriMo Road Map Workshop in October, which I believe will help with this overall goal.
- Complete all WWBC assignments on time. This story is a different one than the one I’m working on for NaNoWriMo.
- Blog three times per week, not including ROW80 updates. This will necessitate that I have most of November in queue by the end of October for NaNoWriMo.
- Fully participate as a ROW80 sponsor
ROW80 Party Announcement and ROWbro’s
First the Party Announcement from Party
Animal Hostess Jenny Hansen!
- All the participants who just finished Round 3 of ROW80.
- Anyone who plans to post their goals and dive into Round 4.
- The amazing people who supported the ROW80 writers throughout the year (y’all REALLY deserve a drink!)
- Theme: “Rock the Row”
However you want to work that in is great. I leave it to your outrageously creative imagination!
- Date: October 5th, 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM ET in the U.S.
This also happens to be the first day of check-in so there should be a ton of ROW80 fun happening around the blogosphere.
- Party will be held at the #ROW80 hashtag.
Fire up your Tweet Deck or HootSuite and let’s get jiggy with it.
- Photo Competition:
You can start now…we won’t tell. Start digging for or taking photos that reflect the theme. We’ll do our best to gather them and decide on the best to spotlight in a post at the ROW80 blog. Once the readers vote, the 1st place winner gets a copy of Kait Nolan’s latest book, Red, in e-book format!!
- Friendly Blog Competition
We will also post a mash-up of favorite ROCK THE ROW posts at the Row80 blog.
What is a Twitter party?
This is where we all stop in to the #ROW80 hashtag all day long and play and party together – trading news, pictures, music and jello shots. It’s going to be a great time! Please promote it as much as you can between now and then. Click here to get to the linky tool to list your post!
ROW Partners (ROWbro)
Gene Lempp made a comment on ROWbros in his post, and I want to do so as well. He and I really helped each other during the last round as ROWbros, and I know I wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without his help. He wrote a post about the experience on his blog, and you can find it: Here. I highly recommend you find yourself a ROWbro, or female equivalent, and you’ll be ahead of the game.
Have a great ROW80 ~clink~